My Trip to Australia

For Christmas my family went to Australia. We left to go to the airport at 5:30 am to catch our flight to Los Angeles then go to Australia. The airport was cold and we were racing to the gate where we barely made it. The flight was eight hours and the flight took off at 6:30 am and in California it’s three hours back so when we will arrive at the airport it will be three pm including departing off the plane. Eight hours later we arrived at L.A with our next flight in mind, which I might add is a fifteen hour flight.

Fifteen hours later we landed in the place I always wanted to go, Australia! When I first stepped out of the airport in Sydney my jaw dropped about how beautiful it was. I had never seen such a beautiful place. But alas we rented a car to drive to our Airbnb. We arrived at the Airbnb. There was a beautiful bridge crossing with a beautiful view with all of these rainbow flags. After we arrived at the Airbnb we walked around Sydney, Australia. We saw the Sydney opera house and walked on Bondi beach. But that day was a tiring Thursday in Australia but Wednesday in America.

On our ninth day in Sydney we hopped on a plane to Port Lincoln, the very bottom of Australia. We are going for one reason SHARK CAGE DIVING! Now you may or may not be thinking that’s crazy. This girl is only in 6th grade which you would know if you read my blog post all about me which you should read after this. Anyways yes my favorite animal is sharks. I have loved them since I was four years old. Before this trip I shark caged in Hawaii which I will make a blog post about soon. This shark cage is crazy because I am shark cage diving with GREAT WHITE SHARKS! So at 10:30 am we hopped on a 5 hour boat ride to the spot and the water was 58 F or 14 C. 5 hrs later we arrived at the spot with the chum chummed up and how you breathed underwater if you had a regulator which you can breathe out of. I stepped in the cage excited to go in. I hopped in SPLOOSH. I saw at least 3 great whites. We had 30 minutes in the cage. 15 minutes went by and this shark slammed into the cage mouth wide open. It felt so ecstatic in the cage but the rest of the time the sharks were chill. We headed back to the hotel at about 10:30 pm because of all of the people there.

On the eleventh day we went on a plane to Port Douglas which is above Sydney. When I arrived at the Airbnb it was like a jungle and with a beautiful view. We were just going to spend Christmas at Port Douglas which was the twelfth day. In Port Douglas we went on fun hikes and found cool creatures. On the twelfth day we were going to do a barbecue on the grill but we couldn’t because there was a huge spider on the grill. We learned that the spider was called a huntsman spider.

On the sixteenth day we were heading to one of the most famous zoos in the world, Australia zoo! We got to pet wombats, feed kangaroos and see a crocodile show. It was amazing. I saw so many new animals at the huge zoo. I also got to pet a koala there.

On the seventeenth day we went to this sanctuary called Lone Pine sanctuary. There we got to hold a snake pet, a dingo and hold a very cute koala and also feed some platypuses. Of course we fed some more kangaroos and so much more.

Our final day was New Year’s Eve. We had a great spot to watch the fireworks above the Sydney opera house. We had a spot in the botanical gardens. The fireworks were amazing. I would recommend visiting Australia.

One thought on “My Trip to Australia