Wisdom Tales

We started reading wisdom tales and we made a comic. You might be asking what wisdom tales are? Wisdom tales are short stories that teach a lesson or a moral. I chose Blinded by Greed. I chose the story because I think the moral is important and the story is interesting. Blinded by Greed is about a thief that steals jewelry when people are watching and when he gets captured he says, “ I was blinded by greed.” The moral was to think before you act.

Before we started wisdom tales we had a presentation from Brittan Peck. He is an illustrator and he came to talk about how he uses shapes for art and other tips. I learned that using shapes brings out a character so much more than you would think. I used the apps Sketchbook and Comic life 3. Here are some tips. For Sketchbook I would recommend using layers, using the rulers and using the shapes they already have. For Comic life 3, instead of making your own comic layout you can use one of the layouts like I did and edit it from there. In conclusion, I think stories like wisdom tales have important lessons in them and are important to teach.